Local Organizations that Help Support Our Mission
- Northern Berkshire United Way
- Association of Developmental Disability Providers (ADDP)
- Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers
- Berkshire Chamber of Commerce
- Williamstown Chamber of Commerce
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- Williamstown Community Chest
Information for Family Support
- Autism Resource Center of Massachusetts
- Community Gateway
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Social Security Information
- Social Security’s Office of Employment Support Programs
- School to Work Programs
- Dentists Accepting Mass Health
- Massachusetts Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services
- Massachusetts Rehab Commission
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Down Syndrome Resources Group of Western Mass.
- Families Organizing for Change – Mass.
- Massachusetts Council on Human Service Providers
- Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Special Olympics Massachusetts
- Financial Planning
- The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission
- Mass. Assistive Technology Partnership Center
- Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
- New England Index
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
- Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP)
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission Statewide Head Injury Program (SHIP)
- Maximize Assistive Technology in Consumers Hands
- Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority – 443-7138
Housing court mediation, tax preparation, budgeting, housing search
- Berkshire Community Action Council- (BCAC) – 499-4421
BCAC also offers Federal Low- Income families in heating their homes during the winter months.
- Berkshire Community Action Council - 445-4503 x114, 112, 113
Workshops help last Tuesday of every month. 5:30 pm-6:30 pm.
$$$”Cents” –Ability. Never enough money to go around? Learn how to avoid financial traps and mistakes, how to get out of debt, how to effectively manage your dollars and cents.
- Western MA legal services- 499-1950
Free legal help in non- criminal cases for low income people and elders who live in Western Massachusetts. Services range form legal advice, to full representation.
- Salvation Army-442-0624
Good Neighbor Energy Fund, Food Bank. Meets winter emergency fuel needs for people facing financial difficulties who do not qualify for other fuel assistance programs.
- Dept. of Transitional Assistance-236-2000
Food Stamps, Emergency Cash Assistance
- Western MA Electric Company-1-800-286-5844
The NU- Start Program. An arrearage management program designed to help make your electric bill more affordable and to deal with a past due notice
- Berkshire Gas Company-1-800-292-5012
The RAMP Program. An arrearage management program designed to help make your gas bill more affordable and to deal with a past due balance.
- Project Bread FoodSource Hotline-1-800-645-8333
Free and low cost food resources:
Food stamps, summer meal sites, school breakfast and lunch, emergency food programs, low-cost food resources
- The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts-1-800-247-9632
If you are 55 or older, you may be eligible for the BROWN BAG program, which provides free or monthly groceries for seniors through a local council on aging.
- LifeLine-Call Verizon-1-800-870-9999
A Federal program that offers eligible consumers a discount on their monthly phone bill. You can save between $16 and $18.39 monthly.
- Safelink Wireless-1-800-977-3768
A US Government supported program offering a free cellular phone with free minutes automatically added each month. Call to see if you meet the criteria.
- Massachusetts 211- 211 www.mass211.org
Need help but don’t know where to turn? Dial 211. (24 hrs a day, 7 days a week) 2-1-1 connects people to professionals trained in navigating the confusing maze of health and human services. No more wasting time trying to find the right resources.
- Adult Learning Center-499-9530
The Pittsfield Adult Learning Center is a joint project of the Pittsfield Public Schools and the Massachusetts Dept. of Education- adult and Community learning services.
Serving Health Information Needs of Elders. Provides free, unbiased and up to date health information, counseling and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries.
- Link to Life-442-6363
Medical alert system gives you independence and your family peace of mind.
- Elder Services-499-0524
Offering a wide variety of services to the elderly population and their families. Also Includes Meals On Wheels, which is a senior meals program, delivering hot meals right to your doorstep.
a signature of educational programs for parents and other caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses.